Roast pork knuckle / U Fleků
1. Cook the pork knuckle until tender in a broth made with wild spices (whole allspice, whole pepper, and bay leaf) with a little salt. Take out the knuckle and let it cool a little.
2. Make a marinade from beer, salt, and tomato paste.
3. Spread the marinade on the knuckle and then put it in the oven for 35 minutes at a temperature of 160 degrees. The baking time is approximate, we bake the knuckle until completely tender.
Spicy vegetables include pickled onions, goat horn peppers or chili peppers, coleslaw, grated horseradish, and mustard.
Serve the knuckle with bread.
Chef Zdeněk Turšner’s recommendation
- It is important that the knuckle is cooked until it is really soft before baking so that it is not tough. Cooking time is 1.5 to 2.5 hours. It depends on the size of the knuckle.
- The knuckle can be pre-marinated in plain water with salt for three days. The meat will then become soft.
Weight, volume, and length conversion table
1 kilogram (kg) = 100 decagrams (dkg) = 1000 grams (g)
1 liter (l) = 1000 milliliters (ml)
1 meter (m) = 100 centimeters (cm)
1 kg = 2.20 lb
1 l = 2.11 pt
1 m = 3.28 ft
10 cm = 3.94 in